Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 2

1)      You. Who you are. What your talents are. What your skills and experiences are. Also: what are your aspirations? Specifically regarding your business concept, how do you see this business (if you were to start it) playing a role in your life?

For the first part of this assignment I feel like I put a decent amount of effort into answering these questions and I don’t want to just copy and paste it all or repeat the whole thing. I would encourage anyone to go and read that part if you are interested. The business idea I came up with is something that I use myself both from the customer and host side. It’s like an Uber or Airbnb type of app where you can drive people and also deliver food, groceries, or anything really. It’s more open ended.

2)      What are you offering to customers? Describe the product or service (in other words, how you'll solve customers' unmet needs).
I think I have to revise the service to be a little bit more specific because at first it was something that would be hard to regulate and put a price on.

3)      Who are you offering it to? Describe, in as much detail as possible, the demographic and psychographic characteristics of your customers. Think especially of this question: what do your customers all have in common?

All of my customers are people who need assistance through use of a car. Some of them don’t have cars, or the time to go out and do things, or they simply would rather pay someone else to do it for them.

4)      Why do they care? Your solution is only valuable insofar as customers believe its valuable to them. Here, explain why customers will actually pay you money to use your product or service.

Sometimes there are no better options. Nowadays people are all about convenience, they are busy. They don’t want to go out of their way when they don’t have to. A lot of people would use this on a regular basis.

5) What are your core competencies? What sets you apart from everyone else? Also: what do you have that nobody else has?  

  The service would be flexible and affordable and allow people to help eachother while making money instead of paying ridiculous amounts to taxi and catering businesses.


 The feedback I got basically just asked how this type of business would come together. I realized it was a little too flexible and had to adjust my plan accordingly. Besides that I got positive feedback.

5 comments:

  1. Kelsey: Your idea napkin no. 2 didn't really say much about your business, and your plan. I get that people need cars for reliability but I didn't see your idea in the larger spectrum. I like that it would be affordable and beneficial to the customer though. Please read my blog here http://soulstosteal.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
    -Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelsey! I didn't really see much about your business but, for what you explained, it sounded pretty cool. My only concern is just people delivering groceries or food. I don't know if I want random people doing that or knowing where I love. I think it will be really good to specify your business as well. Good job though!

    ReplyDelete

  3. Hi Kelsey! Your Idea Napkin No. 2 is well thought it. Reading through it, it looks like you took the time to answer all the questions, which is great. I really like that you took the time to reflect on your last Idea Napkin, and it showed in this one. It’s also cool that you reflected on the feedback you received. I didn’t turn in my idea napkin, so I’m unable to share it, but great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelsey! I really like your idea of expanding/combining the roles of Uber and $2 Delivery. This idea would be great in big cities and college campus where the majority of the population does not own a car or it is hard to get around. Good luck with is venture! I hope to be a future customer one day!
    Here is a link to my blog if you want to check it out! http://thereseverything.blogspot.com/2016/03/theres-my-idea-napkin-no-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kelsey,
    I really enjoyed reading your "Idea Napkin #2" it had a lot of good things in it. I wish you would have wrote more about this potential business idea instead of just encouraging us to go look at your first "idea napkin". My advice would be instead of telling us to go and search and try to find your first "idea napkin", that you should provide the link to it so that more of those who commented would be likely to check it out as you asked. Just as you mentioned in your response to question 4, people are all about convenience so providing us with that link would be very beneficial.
    If you have a chance, check out my "idea napkin" here: http://plantflourishgrow.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-2the-cat-connection.html

    ReplyDelete