Saturday, February 27, 2016

Half-way Reflection


1)      Tenaciousness is a skill. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
The main skill that I have developed from this course was the ability to go outside of my comfort zone. All of these interviewing assignments are like nothing I’ve ever done before, and I almost feel like I’m taking a speech class or videography class of some sort.
2)      Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
I’ve honestly felt like giving up so many times throughout the course so far. A lot of these assignments were really challenging for me because I don’t like to be recorded and I have to go way out of my way to complete assignments, especially since I am studying abroad. I think I have improved my tenacity because I can’t afford to take any more zeros on assignments and I need to just find a way to complete them and be done with it!
3)      Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

Just find a way to make it work and go for it. The great thing about this class is you keep track of your own grades and it’s up to you to make sure you get it done. It doesn’t have to be perfect but just do the best you can. Keep the mindset that you are going to find a way to make it work and just go out and do it.

Image result for tenacious d

2 comments:

  1. Kelsey,

    You're honestly so brave for taking this class abroad. I also hate being recorded and even more than that, I hate recording strangers so you're really brave to be doing all of this abroad! You're definitely right, we just have to push through and get it done. I know that after this class I will be better at talking to people and being tenacious in everything I do. Good luck with the rest of this class while studying abroad! If you want, check out my post:http://ament3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/half-way-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelsey, wow I can't imagine having to take a class like this abroad. I'm struggling enough with it myself in town. I admire your dedication to this class, I too have missed a couple of assignments because of my workload but haven't let myself give up. I'm a journalism student and I still get nervous when I have to go out and interview people for this class but I've , learned that usually the interviewee is also just as nervous most of the time. Check out my reflection http://carolinalafuent3003.blogspot.com/2016/02/halfway-reaction.html

    ReplyDelete