Sunday, April 24, 2016

Final Reflection


2) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?
I think the experience that I will remember years later are the ones that involved recording videos. These assignments pushed me out of my comfort zone, especially since I am studying abroad and struggled to find English speakers that I could use to complete the interview assignments. The most interesting one for me was Free Money, since the people I recorded didn't really understand why or what I was doing, so it was a confusing and frustrating experience to say the least! I think the parts I am most proud of our my venture, capital, etc. posts because I actually put a lot of thought into writing those, and it helped me to realize what I would excel in if I were to become an entrepreneur.

3) At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. And we repeated the mantra -- I am an entrepreneur. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?
I don't see myself as an entrepreneur quite yet, but I definitely feel like I've developed more of an entrepreneurial mindset. It's something I didn't put that much thought into before taking this class.

4) What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?

I would recommend that they use the mindset to "just go for it." I was hesitant to complete a lot of these interview and recording assignments, and I skipped a few of them because I didn't know how to approach it. I would recommend planning ahead of time so you don't have to miss out on points like me!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Kelsey,

    That is great that you are able to study abroad. I am jealous.
    I agree with you about just doing it. One cant think into it to much or they may lose their nerve. I know that was my problem a couple of times. I too miss a few points out of fear of the unknown.

    Good luck with your semester,
    -Dallin

    Here is a link to my blog: http://dallinj.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kelsey,

    I am glad to hear that you really learned a lot and grew up as an entrepreneur by taking this class. I think your feedback for the students who are going to take this class is really going to be helpful for them. I agree that planning ahead is absolutely important when taking this class. Here is my link to final reflection. http://bongjukang.blogspot.com/2016/04/final-reflection.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelsey!

    I believe you are the first person I have been able to comment on that is studying abroad! I totally agree with you, just as you said, in my Final Reflection I also included how this class pushed me out of comfort zone! The class in it's entirety was an experience that I will remember to come. This class was so different from anything I have taken before! Check out my blog post if you get that chance. Best of luck on your own endeavors!

    https://vincityblog.wordpress.com/2016/04/24/week-15-final-reflection/

    ReplyDelete