Sunday, January 17, 2016

Week 2 Reading Reflection

1)      What was the biggest surprise for you in the reading? In other words, what did you read that stood out the most as different from your expectations?
The part of the reading that stood out the most to me was the part about how many start-up companies fail within a year and how many die out within 5-7 years. I can see how a lot would fail but I didn’t realize it was that many.

2)      Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you.

A part that confused me was where the author stated “There are over 25 million small businesses; the number continues to grow 2% annually.” It just seems to me that corporations are taking over and offering everything for dirt cheap, which drives small business away.

3)      If you were able to ask two questions to the author, what would you ask? Why?
If I were to ask the author questions, I suppose I would ask where he came up with the entrepreneur myths. I would ask him if these are something he came up with on his own or if it was really a common thought.

4)      Was there anything you think the author was wrong about? Where do you disagree with what she or he said? How?


I disagree with some of the myths of entrepreneurships. Everyone and every situation is different but I can see how many would draw these conclusions about entrepreneurs. I think some of these so-called myths are true to an extent.

No comments:

Post a Comment